Sunday, October 12, 2008

About 3 weeks and counting...

We are just about 3 weeks from Tommy's homecoming! I really feel like time is creeping by... but I am so thankful to be on the home stretch. I wish everyone was coming home in November... It's such a bittersweet. As excited as I am, I know my friends have another 2 and a half months and some are getting ready for deployment in December. I hate this part of the Air Force!

But Tommy is doing good! So busy, flies 12-15 hours, sleeps 10-12 hours and then does it all again. I usually get to talk to him before he leaves and when he gets back before sleeping. Conversations aren't long but at least I get to hear his voice and know he is okay.
The highlight of his week was a good ole Outback Steakhouse dinner... in Qatar! How great is that? They came and catered a dinner for the troops and I think everyone was very excited! Who doesn't love a Bloomin' Onion and Filet from Outback? What a great way for them to support our military!

Not much else going on around here... Cooper and I went to Jackson for about a week to see the family and a few friends and had a great time! All we did was eat, eat and eat some more! Whew. But I got to go to lunch with my aunts Bebe, Melinda and my cousin Ashley and her 3 precious children. That was a lot of fun and I never get to see them on our whirlwind trips home! And dinner with Nunny and my aunt Dede and uncle Bill and cousins Milla and Kit (which are my 2 favorite little people in the whole world and my flower girls). AND I got to spend a lot of time with my brother and Julie which is always fun!!

Glad to be back to my routine and the diet starts today!!! Plus I have a 5k next weekend, so hopefully that will help shed some of the extra lbs I ate in Mississippi. Susan G. Komen Race for the Cure on Daniel Island. Wish me luck!!! October is Breast Cancer Awareness Month- go get your mammies grammed!

Teal is doing good... the weather is getting a little cooler which I think is encouraging shoppers to get out and buy sweaters and jackets. We have tons of new things coming in every week which keeps me pretty busy. So, hopefully times goes by pretty fast the next few weeks and I will definitely keep everyone posted on when Tommy is getting home exactly! Yay!

2 comments:

Heather said...

Paul and I are excited about Tommy coming home too. We miss him! Tell him we said hi.

Adam and Shalisa said...

We are glad that Tommy is coming home soon. Good Luck with the 5K lets us know how you do.